Peace Education Scotland are a Scottish Charity (#SC046853), formerly known as Scottish CND Education.
Peace Education Scotland have tried to be as objective and balanced as possible in the creation of the education packs on this website; with the underlying principle that young people should be encouraged to have knowledgeable debates and opinions about nuclear weapons.
Our aims are:
- to advance education by raising the level of understanding of nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction amongst children, young people, disadvantaged groups and the general public.
- to advance knowledge by the study and research of threats to international peace from nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction.
- to increase knowledge and public awareness of the effects of radioactivity and nuclear explosions on human health and well being
- to advance and increase knowledge of the environmental impact of nuclear weapons , nuclear accidents, nuclear waste and radiation
- to advance understanding of conflict resolution by providing information on non-violent approaches to resolving disputes between communities and nations.