We are looking for a few enthusiastic people to help with the planning of our 3 day Peace Campaigning Academy for youth. This project will take place in Glasgow between 27-29 July 2018 and is a 3 day youth training programme on all aspects of campaigning work, focusing on the nuclear disarmament movement. It is designed for 120 participants residing in Scotland, aged between 18 – 30 years old and will consist of a series of training and talks on communication tactics, lobbying activities, grassroots empowerment, legislative change, online engagement, fundraising tools and much more. The event will also includes social events and a field trip. Have you got admin and communication skills and some experience in organising events (school/voluntary experience counts too!)? Guidance and training will be provided. Minimum 16 year old.
Some of the tasks you might be required to do are:
– make databases & contacting youth organisations to help us promote the event
– help us with the selection process
– make bookings and other arrangements for the event
– respond to enquiries & help with leafleting and stalls
– help to design welcome packs and other materials- if available, we would appreciated help at the event (this could include registration, catering tasks, providing information)
– Other admin and planning tasks
What’s in for you?
– the opportunity to gain valuable planning and events skills
– the chance to take part in the Peace Campaigning Academy as a volunteer and meet over 100 youth interested in peace campaigning issues (free access to training, social events and the field trip)
– if helping at the event, you’ll have the chance to meet and hear from high profile speakers including Nobel Peace Prize winner 2017 – ICAN and many more
– working with a fabulous team of volunteers
– lunch allowance
No formal qualifications required. Good English and computer skills, good planning & people skills. Our office is based in Glasgow, but some tasks can be done remotely. For volunteers traveling longer distances (eg Edinburgh), travel expenses will be covered only if you volunteer for minimum 6 hours that day.
Commitment required is flexible, but we hope to get a minimum of 4 hours per week from you.
To apply please send us a message at info at peaceeducationscotland.org with a short description of your experience/skills and why you want to help.